smbcli connection using public libs only

Sun Jan 8 23:44:34 MST 2012

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 07:59:54PM -0500, Catalin Patulea wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out the "right" way to open a smbcli connection
> using only public libraries.
>
> smbclient (client/client.c) uses smbcli_full_connection, which is in
> the smb_cli.h public header, but the symbol isn't in
> libsmbclient-raw.so. This is a thin wrapper around
> smbcli_tree_full_connection, which is an exported symbol but it's not
> defined in any header. It's defined in libcli/raw/clitree.c and used
> by libcli/cliconnect.c, but I have no idea how cliconnect.c gets the
> right prototype (even though it's a private symbol).
>
> What should I be using here?

Our public interface is defined in libsmbclient.h. smbclient
uses shortcuts into the internals. If you have things that
don't work with libsmbclient.h, we need to talk about that.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de