Python LDB authentication via LDAP

William Brown william.e.brown at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Jan 5 17:58:06 MST 2012

Hi,

I'm currently looking into writing some small python scripts to edit user information in samba4. I have been reading the C code for ldb, but am not quite sure how it authenticates to an ldap backend when used remotely. Any information on how to do this in python would be much appreciated. When used on the domain controller machine, which file should ldb be opening to edit the users partition?

Sincerely,

William Brown

Research & Teaching, Technology Services
The University of Adelaide, AUSTRALIA 5005

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
IMPORTANT: This message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information. If you think it was sent to you by mistake, please delete all
copies and advise the sender. For the purposes of the SPAM Act 2003, this
email is authorised by The University of Adelaide.

pgp.mit.edu