Shipping waf uncompressed?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Jan 3 15:46:20 MST 2012

As was recently pointed out to me in Debian, we're shipping waf in an
odd format - as a serialized tarball  (with characters replaced) inside
of a Python file.

This makes it quite inconvenient to actually view the waf source code,
and obscures the source code in a pure source tarball. Shipping it this
way isn't really useful for us - we already ship the entire buildtools/
directory anyway, so it's not a problem if there are a couple of extra
files in there.

Does anybody have an objection against actually shipping the unpacked
soure code ?

Cheers,

Jelmer