Samba4 BIND DLZ DLOPEN compile errors

Aubrey Ekstrom aekstrom at proclivitysystems.com
Tue Jan 3 09:51:29 MST 2012

Hi Amitay & Michael,

Happy New Years All!

Thanks for your help! I was out of the office for the holiday, but this
email got me past the make Bind stage of this at least. I will update
everyone on my progress since this is one of those brave production
deployments of Samba4.

See my comments below.

Cheers,

Aubrey

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 5:39 AM, Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Amitay
>
> On 29 December 2011 12:10, Amitay Isaacs <amitay at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Michael,
> >>
> >> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> [...]
> >>
> >> Here is the extract from BIND 9.8.1-P1 configure --help,
> >>
> >>  --with-dlopen=ARG       Support dynamically loadable DLZ drivers

--with-dlopen=yes (similar syntax to other Bind DLZ support config options)
returns the same errors I got before.

> >Fair enough.
>
> >> BIND option --with-dlopen is the correct option to use to build DLZ
> dlopen.

The above ./configure option, --with-dlopen, worked like a charm. No errors
from make anyways.

> >Thanks, I am not disputing that.  I was just saying that it could be
> >made more clear in the Samba docs.  (Although I can't remember where I
> >saw the instructions to compile bind with "DLZ dlopen" support.)

I too saw documentation on using DLZ_dlopen for configuring the compile for
Bind, and I can not find where I saw that either. It may have been on this
Samba 4 tech email list. Not sure now. If I find it I will let you all
know.

Looking for that doc I did find a discussion about better documenting this
from early last year (did not have this level of detail) where Andrew
Bartlett says it was too early for that happen yet. Maybe it is time for
some preliminary documentation of the Samba 4 DLZ support. I am happy to
contribute to that effort as well, once I get this working.

Cheers,

Aubrey