Changing default protocol to SMB2 for Samba4 release ?

Christian Ambach ambi at samba.org
Wed Feb 29 12:14:40 MST 2012

On 02/29/2012 11:05 AM, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> What do people think about changing the default
> "max protocol" setting for smbd to be SMB2 for
> the Samba4 release ?

+1 from me as the originator of the idea :)

Additional question is if we make SMB2.0 the default or a higher dialect
like 2.1 or 2.24.
Depends on how comfortable we'll feel with the higher ones, my idea
would be to make SMB2.0 the default and leave the higher ones for the
early adopters or adventuresome users.

Cheers,
Christian