missing libraries

Günter Kukkukk linux at kukkukk.com
Tue Feb 28 19:56:10 MST 2012

On Wednesday 29 February 2012 02:52:15 Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 02:45 +0100, Günter Kukkukk wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 February 2012 07:05:23 Jason Carlson wrote:
> > > When running ./configure on samba4 it says i'm missing the following
> > > libraries: intl socket gen. I'm running opensuse 12.1. Do I need these
> > > libraries and if so where can I find their sources.
> > >
> > > blessings,
> > >
> > > jason
> >
> > "intl socket gen." does not make any sense to me.
> > What exact error do you get ?
>
> libintl is an internationalisation lib required on some platforms.
> libsocket isn't in libc on solaris.
>
> The comment about libgen is:
> source3/wscript:    # UnixWare 7.x has its getspnam in -lgen
> source3/wscript:    conf.CHECK_FUNCS_IN('getspnam', 'gen')

I'm also using opensuse 12.1 and never noticed them at all to
be problematic (none of them are installed/installable here).

Jason, have a look at section "Step 2: Compile Samba4" in
    http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO

Opensuse 11.4 and 12.1 are also mentioned there how to use zypper
to install the devel packages. (some of them are not needed for
daily stuff - but just install them all)

But i'm still interested in the configure messages.

Cheers, Günter