remove chain_reply() ?

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Feb 27 20:32:55 MST 2012

Hi Volker,

> Under
>
> http://git.samba.org/?p=vl/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/chain_reply
>
> find a patchset that removes chain_reply() and replaces it
> with something that I think can be understood significantly
> easier. Possibly it should have been this way or similar
> right from the beginning... Seems to survive make test.
>
> Comments?

Do we have a tests that expects async processing as part a
chain? Something like.

1. NTCreateAndX "test.txt" with batch oplock

2. NTCreateAndX "test.txt" with batch oplock + ReadAndX + Close

If that passes, I'm happy, but I fear it won't because of the
strict sync loop in construct_reply_chain().

metze