dbwrap_record_watch_send/recv

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri Feb 17 02:06:55 MST 2012

Hi Volker,

> Under
>
> http://git.samba.org/?p=vl/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/dbwrap_record_watch
>
> Comments?

That looks like a really nice infrastructure!
It'll really help a lot to cleanup our code.

I have just a few cosmetic remarks:

When first reading the name 'msg_stream', I'm a bit confused, because
it could imply that we're using some sort of stream sockets.
After reading the code my impression that 'msg_channel' could be a
better name,
but I'm not a native speaker...(Native speakers please comment on this)
What do you think about this?

Did you intend to add msg_write_send/recv also based on a 'struct
msg_stream' (or whatever name it endup with)
later?

For msg_stream_send/recv I propose to add '_setup' in the function name
'msg_stream_setup_send/recv'.

Why does dbwrap_record_watch_send() use the sync msg_stream() function
instead of msg_stream_send/recv?

metze