Progress on my Samba VFS for Amazon's S3 Service ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 19:03:40 MST 2012

Hi folks,

I have gotten a little further with my VFS for Amazon's S3 service.

It now uploads files to S3. However, there are still many issues, like
the fact that it should use multi-part uploads for large files, and so
forth.

It also raises a number of questions (apart from, "What, are you crazy.")

Still, it has been interesting.

I have not yet settled on an approach for dealing with previous
versions uploaded and how to deal with updates to files that are in
the process of being uploaded, and so forth.

Since I am really only exploring these ideas, I might never come up
with good solutions.

In any event, the source, is, as always, at:
git at github.com:RichardSharpe/Amazon-S3-VFS.git

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe