Ban 'Re: [SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch xxx updated' subjects on the list?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 9 19:09:31 MST 2012

I wondered if we could implement a mailman policy to 'ban' mails with a
subject matching:

Subject: Re: [SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch

On samba-technical and samba-cvs?

The idea would be to encourage us all to remember to change the subject
(as a number of us do) when replying to samba-cvs mails, to make it
easier for folks to know what the actual subject of the message is.

What do others think?

Naturally, the moderator - (and I'm happy to join those if that is
required to adopt this) can still let these though, but I suspect after
the first moderation-required bounce, the habit will stick pretty
quickly.

(I'm hoping to use bounce_matching_headers
http://www.list.org/mailman-admin/node24.html to implement it).