migration bind9 flat file to DLZ

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 00:54:10 MST 2012

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Andreas Oster <aoster at novanetwork.de> wrote:

> now the upgradedns script completed without any errors. The bind9 demon
> could
> load the data but something seems to be wrong. I am not allowed to edit the
> novanetwork.loc Forward Lookup Zone.  In DNS administration tool I get the
> following
> error when selecting "novanetwork.loc": Zone not loaded by DNS Server
> The rest seems to be OK.
>
> Thank you for your great efforts and kind help.
>
> best regards
>
> Andreas

I am assuming that you are using relatively recent source from git master for
running samba. Can you see the records from the zone in dns management
tool?

Are you able to run samba-tool dns commands? For example,

   samba-tool dns serverinfo <server> -U administrator%<password>
   samba-tool dns zonelist <server> -U administrator%<password>

If the above commands fail, you might be running older version of samba
without RPC dnsserver support.

Amitay