[MAC Lion] smbclient "Open AndX Request->STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED"

Darrik Spaude dspaude at multitech.com
Wed Feb 8 16:28:15 MST 2012

> You should be using cifs to connect to Lion.

George,

Is there a specific cifs version and list of options to use? It seems
that there is some minimum cifs version before this problem is resolved.
We have tried the following and both of them fail:

# mount.cifs -V   (Updated Embedded Server, kernel 2.6.32.28)
mount.cifs version: 1.14-3.5.6

# mount.cifs -V   (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, kernel 2.6.32-38)
mount.cifs version: 1.12-3.4.7

The command options we have tried (based on lots of searching) are
'nounix,noserverino,sec=ntlmssp'.

The command is then:
mount.cifs //192.168.1.2/Shared mntpoint -o
'guest,nounix,noserverino,sec=ntlmssp'

Ubuntu gives a different error (-126) with the sec=ntlmssp. The embedded
server just gives error -22.

Any help is appreciated,
Darrik