migration bind9 flat file to DLZ

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Wed Feb 8 04:35:45 MST 2012

Hi Amitay,

Am 08.02.2012 11:13, schrieb Amitay Isaacs:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Andreas Oster <aoster at novanetwork.de> wrote:
>> Hello Amitay,
>>
>> I had a quick look at the file sambadns.py to which, I think,  the
>> import directive points but there is no entry for "TXTRecord", neither
>> in your GIT nor the "default"
>>
>> best regards
>>
>> Andreas
>>
>> Am 08.02.2012 10:56, schrieb Amitay Isaacs:
>>
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM, Andreas Oster <aoster at novanetwork.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Amitay,
>>
>> just gave it a try but the script returns an error
>> saying that TXTRecord cannot be imported from
>> provision.sambadns.
>>
>> kind regards
>>
>> Andreas
>>
>> Please fetch the tree again. There are changes in the provision code,
>> that are required
>> for upgradedns to work.
>>
>> Amitay.
>
> Please refetch my tree and checkout dns-wip branch.
> All the dns related changes in that branch.
>
> Here is the commit that has TXTRecord change.
>
> http://git.samba.org/?p=amitay/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=bd03ccadbd812b6ff9c3132b68fe4f24846443f2
>
> Amitay

I have downloaded your dns-wip branch and tried your upgradedns script
but got the folowing error:

sudo source4/scripting/bin/upgradedns
Reading domain information
Looking up IPv4 addresses
Looking up IPv6 addresses
Adding DNS accounts
Reading records from zone file
/usr/local/samba/private/dns/novanetwork.loc.zone
Create DNS partitions
Importing records from zone file
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "source4/scripting/bin/upgradedns", line 305, in <module>
    dnsdomain, dnsforest)
  File "source4/scripting/bin/upgradedns", line 168, in import_zone_data
    samdb.add(msg)
_ldb.LdbError: (32, 'objectclass: Cannot add
DC=_ldap._tcp.pdc,DC=_msdcs.novanetwork.loc,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=novanetwork,DC=loc,
parent does not exist!')

kind regards

Andreas