The "homes" folder in Samba4?

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at weaubleau.k12.mo.us
Mon Feb 6 15:38:44 MST 2012

Here is how my homes is setup:

[homes]
        directory_mode: parameter = 0700
        read only = no
        path = /home
        csc policy = documents

I map that by using net use h: \\server\homes\%USERNAME%

One thing this allows is for the Administrator user to set permissions for
any and all the folders, when you create a user in AD Management, if you
add \\server\homes\%USERNAME% to the home directory AD will create the
directory for the user.

**** I always forget to hit reply to all !!!!