tdb and ldb

Thu Feb 2 05:32:31 MST 2012

On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 12:32:27PM +1030, Rusty Russell wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 16:49:48 +1100, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> > Rusty,
> >
> > It would seem that the next logical step would be to have ldb move to
> > directly using only the TDB2 API and library.  It isn't shared with the
> > autoconf build, so this restriction won't cause any issues.  The
> > unshared code in source4 and the waf build in general could then move
> > next.
>
> There's one really compelling reason to do that: the (yet-unexistsing)
> allocator attribute.  That will make tdb2 use the given allocator
> (ie. talloc), so we can get have tallocated tdb_contexts and TDB_DATAs.

Given we have tdb_parse_record now I'm not sure we need a
custom allocator for tdb_fetch or equivalents. tdb_contexts
are being taken care of by tdb_wrap, so I'm not sure that we
need to extend the API with a custom allocator. At least not
for Samba, other users might have different views here.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de