ACLs on Attributes that do not have attributeSecurityGUID

Nadezhda Ivanova nivanova at samba.org
Sun Dec 30 07:56:03 MST 2012

Hi Andrew,
 As far as I remember, the attributesecurityguid contains the property set
to which the attribute belongs, and some permissions are given per property
set rather than an attribute. We build an object tree with the object as
root, property sets as children and attributes as their children and apply
all permissions, so that when we get to the bottom of the tree we have the
final permissions mask for that attribute. (I really have to think of a way
to optimize this code, I do not particularly like it.) If there isn't
a attributesecurityguid, we add the attribute directly under the ObjectId.
I took a look at the code, and do not see an obvious bug
(acl_check_access_on_attribute
in acl_util.c) which does not mean there isn't one. Do you have a
particular example or even better, a test that fails? That will really help
with debugging.

Regards,
Nadya