Samba 4 and dhcp

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Sat Dec 29 02:37:22 MST 2012

On 2012-12-28 13:54, Rowland Penny wrote:

Hi Rowland,

> With the internal server, you get nothing.

That's certainly not correct if you pick the correct log level.
However, I'm myself a bit confused at what log level to pick for what
level of output I want to log. And of course if you just use the
catch-all level 10, you do get a lot of stuff apart from the DNS server,
which makes it hard to spot the correct output.

Arguably even the log output given by the internal server isn't as
detailed as the log output in bind.

> Any way it is now working again.

That's of course the most important part. :)

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin