Samba 4.0 AD DC firewall ports

Jon Reeves jon at vuzzlevuzz.org
Fri Dec 28 15:16:51 MST 2012

That's a useful link, and NTP should definitely be open.  I think we should
be aiming for secure by default but can see that further research is
required and quite possibly is dependent on the external windows
environment - for instance, someone pointed out to me that the NETBIOS
ports probably aren't necessary anymore and after closing udp 137:138 and
tcp 139, everything appears to still be working correctly.

Of course, this is just a test environment and I only have one DC and one
Windows 7 client so it may well be that more ports are required for other
client OSes or multiple DCs, sites, etc.  I will start reading up...