dcerpc_sock.c for join fail

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Dec 26 03:24:32 MST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-26 at 10:45 +0800, yebing163 wrote:

> Sorry for my un-professional.
>
> I filetered the packets. samba(192.168.66.144), PDC(192.168.77.203).
>
> Join fail at fram no 110, the dns response 192.168.55.203 ahead
> 77.203, and this ip(55.203) is offline.
>
> Normally, samba should try 77.203 when 55.203 failed. Bug it dont. the
> patch is for this(work under samba4-rc6).
>
> Sorry again.

Thank you very much for that.  This is complex code, so I'll need to dig
into it closely, but this looks like a very important fix.

You should not be sorry, and you are not un-professional.  We value
immensely those who have the skills to debug an issue like this, and
especially those who can narrow down the fix to a change in the code!

We simply have some standard ways we pass around changes so that we can
see clearly what you changed, and then easily apply those changes into
our master tree.

Your willingness to work with us so quickly and to provide the patch and
a clearer rationale, without fuss or bother, shows your professionalism!

Thanks,