Samba 4 and dhcp

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Dec 26 03:17:00 MST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-26 at 10:06 +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 26/12/12 09:37, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > On Thu, 2012-12-20 at 15:53 +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:
> >> Hi, I am having problems with the Samba 4 internal DNS server & DHCP,
> >> basically it has stopped working. It was working ok on RC5 and when I
> >> upgraded to the release version it stopped working. By checking the logs
> >> and running my script by hand, I get the following error:
> >> TSIG error with server: tsig verify failure
> >> I get the same error if I run nsupdate directly.
> >>
> >> Is this due to the same reason that requires the adding of
> >> 'acl:search=false' to /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf? If so, then adding it
> >> does not work for me, I have added it and restarted samba4 several times to
> >> no effect, I have also upgraded to version 4.1.0pre1-GIT-d846199 and it
> >> still does not work.
> > Rowland,
> >
> > If you can find the revision that it breaks on (with git bisect) this
> > would be very, very helpful.
> >
> > We are aware that there are issues with TSIG (a number of vague
> > reports), but we have not pinned anything down yet.
> >
> > Andrew Bartlett
> >
> Hi Andrew, whilst I am quite prepared to start rolling things back, what
> the heck is 'git bisect' and how do I do it?
>
> Rowland

Grab the v4-0-test branch from git, and apply this tutorial to it:

http://webchick.net/node/99

With building Samba, it won't be 3 mins, but it will save you (and us) a
lot of time compared with manually guessing.

I realise this may be a lot of work, and we can probably also debug it
directly, but this is something you can do on your own, if you have the
time, energy and resources.