Samba 4 and dhcp

Rowland Penny repenny at f2s.com
Thu Dec 20 08:53:25 MST 2012

Hi, I am having problems with the Samba 4 internal DNS server & DHCP,
basically it has stopped working. It was working ok on RC5 and when I
upgraded to the release version it stopped working. By checking the logs
and running my script by hand, I get the following error:
TSIG error with server: tsig verify failure
I get the same error if I run nsupdate directly.

Is this due to the same reason that requires the adding of
'acl:search=false' to /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf? If so, then adding it
does not work for me, I have added it and restarted samba4 several times to
no effect, I have also upgraded to version 4.1.0pre1-GIT-d846199 and it
still does not work.

Thanks

Rowland