nmbd license confirmation

Thu Dec 20 03:12:38 MST 2012

Hello!

The GPL license that we are using certainly allows you to
use nmbd in your product. The GPL has certain requirements
that you need to fulfill, but it certainly allows use in
commercial products.

For questions about the GPL,

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

is a good starting point.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke
Samba Team

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 01:19:44AM +0000, naoki2.ito at toshiba.co.jp wrote:
> Dear Jeremy
>
> I'm sorry.
> correct:  We are considering using your program nmbd  (http://www.samba.org/) in our products.
>
> >There was no attached license in your message. The current version of Samba nmbd is available under the terms of the GPLv3 license, which can be read here:
> >http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/GPL.html
>
>   Thank you.
>
> Would you allow us to use your program nmbd ?
>

> Best Regards,
> N.Ito

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de