dhcp server with samba4 internal dns configuration

Daniele Dario d.dario76 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 06:44:26 MST 2012

Hi samba list,
I found this link
http://blog.michael.kuron-germany.de/2011/02/isc-dhcpd-dynamic-dns-updates-against-secure-microsoft-dns/ which spokes about a way to set up isc-dhcpd to perform ddns updates through bind or MS dns.

Is there someone in the list who can answer these questions please?

     1. would it work also vs internal samba4 dns?
     2. would it update only records for hosts which can't do it by
        themselves (e.g. linux hosts)?
     3. reading the blog I found a script but I was not able to
        understand how it should be used: did someone use it and can
        point me in the right way?
     4. at the top of the blog there is an example to create the keytab
        that I don't understand: should I create a user dhcpduser in
        ADUC? with which grants? or ktutil would create a "private"
        keytab (not part of the AD one) and dhcpd + dns use it for auth?

Thanks in advance,
Daniele.