Replication samba 4 (final version)

Bruno Pereira bpereira at ipbrick.com
Tue Dec 18 04:41:20 MST 2012

 Hello,

I'm testing the final version of Samba4. In the RC5 the replication of
OU=auto.home is worked but with the final version this isn't replicated.

- in the server with samba 4 RC5 i run the following command:
ldapsearch -x -h localhost -b "ou=auto.home,dc=cena-c,dc=pt" and the
output is the following:

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <ou=auto.home,dc=cena-c,dc=pt> with scope subtree
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# manuel, auto.home, cena-c.pt

# armindo, auto.home, cena-c.pt

# auto.home, cena-c.pt

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 4
# numEntries: 3

- in the server with samba 4 (final version) i run the same command and
the output is:

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <ou=auto.home,dc=cena-c,dc=pt> with scope subtree
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object
text: dsdb_access: Access check failed on dc=cena-c,dc=pt

# numResponses: 1

Running the comand "/usr/local/samba/bin/ldbsearch -H
/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b "ou=auto.home,dc=cena-c,dc=pt"" in
both version works fine.

Note: My Microsoft AD was extended (Windows Server 2008 R2).

Anyone can help me with this?
Best Regards

Bruno Pereira