[Announce] Samba 3.5.20 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Mon Dec 17 01:53:19 MST 2012

Please not that this will probably be the last bugfix release of the Samba
3.5 release series. Details about the release planning are available on

  http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Release_Planning

			"We keep moving forward,
			 opening new doors, and doing new things,
			 because we're curious and curiosity keeps
			 leading us down new paths.

			 Walt Disney

Release Announcements
=====================

This is the latest stable release of Samba 3.5.

Major enhancements in Samba 3.5.20 include:

o  Fix segfaults in log level = 10 on Solaris (bug #9390).
o  Apply ACL masks correctly when setting ACLs (bug #9236).

Changes since 3.5.19:
---------------------

o   Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
    * BUG 7781: Samba transforms ShareName to lowercase (sharename) when adding
      new share via MMC.
    * BUG 9236: Apply ACL masks correctly when setting ACLs.
    * BUG 9455: munmap called for an address location not mapped by Samba.

o   Björn Baumbach <bb at sernet.de>
    * BUG 9345: Fix usage of <smbconfoption> tag.

o   Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
    * BUG 9390: Fix segfaults in log level = 10 on Solaris.
    * BUG 9402: Fix dns updates against BIND9 (used in a Samba4 domain).

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 3.5 product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/stable

The release notes are available online at:

        http://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-3.5.20.html

Binary packages will be made available on a volunteer basis from

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy