Thankyou for the password tests

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Fri Dec 14 16:02:10 MST 2012

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 08:51:02AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 13:14 +0100, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
> > The branch, master has been updated
> >        via  34ac9d8 s4-selftest: make sure to test rpc.samr.passwords.validate over ncacn_ip_tcp.
> >        via  6a59126 s3-selftest: make sure to test rpc.samr.passwords.validate over ncacn_ip_tcp.
> >        via  4fd7aaf s4-rpc_server: limit allowed transports for samr_ValidatePassword().
> >        via  c9055a0 s3-rpc_server: limit allowed transports for samr_ValidatePassword().
> >        via  f22efd4 s4-torture: move samr_ValidatePassword test out of main samr test.
> >       from  014512f dfs_server: Don't allocate a subcontext twice.
> >
> > http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=master
> >

> I just wanted to say thank you very much to you both for all your work
> on the password tests, particularly in the rush up to Samba 4.0.
>
> Is there anything more still outstanding here?

Well, there is still quite some netlogon client code that neither requests
nor deals with AES, there are some places I'd like to fix (like when
joining does not request AES but winbind does in the member case), also
I'd like to merge the netr_LogonLevel encryption/decryption routines for
all code that deals with netlogon samlogon. I'll push more changes to my
repos and let one of you know about when its ready.

Thanks,

Guenther
--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Red Hat                         gdeschner at redhat.com
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org