Do a VFS_CONNECT in pysmbd

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Dec 14 04:48:39 MST 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 21:34 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Metze,
>
> You asked me to prepare patches to do a VFS_CONNECT in pysmbd.
>
> my vfs-connect branch is the patches I have worked on for this.
> However, as Volker points out, working without a specific share is
> dangerous - some VFS modules might be specified per-share.
>
> It will be cumbersome, but we may have to make the share we operate an
> extra parameter to 'samba-tool ntacl get/set'.
>
> Also, as-is these patches fail tests - the change to vfs_xattr_tdb to
> fail if not connected breaks a vfstest test for example.
>
> So, we still have a little way to go, but I wanted you to know where
> I've got, given you specifically asked about it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> https://git.samba.org/abartlet/samba.git/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/vfs-connect

I've updated my branch, trying to make at least some progress here.

The updated branch tries a VFS connect when the share is specified by
the python caller.  So far this is done for the sysvol case, and so we
remove the warnings that were issued during provision under 'make
test'.

If we change the code (as the old branch does) to accept a VFS connect
on [globals] then we can always do a VFS connect, but for now it
continues to fake up the connection in the default (unspecified) case.

https://git.samba.org/abartlet/samba.git/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/vfs-connect-3

Volker,

I know you have some strong feelings on this.  Is this incremental
progress helpful?