Samba 4.0 released - The First Free Software Active Directory Compatible Server is now available !

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:08:19 MST 2012

On 12/11/2012 10:32 AM, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>                       Samba Team Releases Samba 4.0
>                       =============================
>
> December 11th 2012.
>
> The Samba Team is proud to announce the release of Samba 4.0, a major
> new release of the award-winning Free Software file, print and
> authentication server suite for Microsoft Windows clients.

This is fantastic news. I do have a question that many who are/were
using beta/RC releases may have:

Besides doing "/usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset" is
there anything else that needs to be redone? I noticed that several
patches in the last RC releases for fixing AD acls (I assume these are
LDAP). How are these to be reset?

Is it recommended to do things manually, or should domains be recreated
from scratch if possible (although a huge pain)?

Thank you,
Trever