Please help me to understand what is wrong

Adrian Stoica adrian.stoica at dacris.net
Tue Dec 11 01:37:44 MST 2012

Please help me to understand what i do wrong.
I test the rc6 of samba4 and i recreate the example from wiki , with
samdom.example.com on 192.168.0.19
i use exactly info that is on that page , internal dns , etc.
When i want to join to the domain (
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO#Step_3:_Joining_Windows_Clients_to_the_Domain
), an windows xp ( with the correct settings in time , dns , ip )give
this error.

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service
location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for
domain SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM:

The error was: "This operation returned because the timeout period expired."
(error code 0x000005B4 ERROR_TIMEOUT)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM

The DNS servers used by this computer for name resolution are not
responding. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the
following IP addresses:

192.168.0.19