DNS forwarding and failure to bind for port 137

Dewayne Geraghty dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au
Wed Dec 5 19:36:03 MST 2012

Kai,

Thank-you for advising your availability.

The interfaces are fine and the jail "shouldn't" be a problem.  I included a nslookup that spoke directly to the forwarded bind
server to demonstrate that everything (routing, upstream bind server) was fine.  I also performed a tcpdump while during the
nslookup's in the host system.  There was no transmission from samba4 for the name to be resolved, even though there is a "dns
forwarder" statement.

As an fyi, samba4 also failed to perform dns forwards when samba4 was in the host system (ie without a jail).  So I'd discount the
jail as part of the problem, unfortunately.

I'll revert rc6 which fails to compile due to zfsacl having mismatching arguments, and delve further into it using rc5.

Regards, Dewayne.