Samba4 dynamic DNS update issue

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Dec 5 18:57:15 MST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 21:34 +0200, Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor
wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using the flatfile option, meaning that I have a bind 9.9.2 witch
> servers the dns part for samba. DLZ is only for db zones storage. Do I
> have an option of using dlz with flat files?

No.  The reason the internal DNS is the default, and the DLZ module was
written, was in part because trying to push even basic ACL information
into bind is done by a script that outputs a file, that we hope bind
will read.  It isn't nearly fine-grained enough, and is probably the
cause of your issues.

You would need to import your zone into the directory using
samba_upgradedns.