Unable to setup messaging listener for '/usr/local/samba/private/smbd.tmp/msg/msg.17364.2':NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Dec 4 16:14:30 MST 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 16:57 +0100, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I saw in /var/log/messages on my samba4 rc5 DC the following error block
> appearing about 4-6 times per day (no fixed time) and wonder if it's something
> I have to worry about or not:

Based on your very helpful analysis, I think this may be the issue:

Somewhere in the DCE/RPC server we are missing a
become_root()/unbecome_root() pair around the calls to gensec.  We
should fix this, so please file a bug.

Why this happens only sometimes, and not every time, is a concern.

However, to further diagnose: after this happens, do you notice if the
mentioned file actually exists, and if so, does it have a timestamp
matching these errors, or something different?