Samba4 Inheritance of directory ACLs

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Thu Aug 30 13:21:37 MDT 2012

Hi,

I've observed (at least to me a relatively AD newby) strange behavior
with granting access to an ou (delegate control) but both via wizard and
security tab (both in ADUC). I've observed, that if I grant
create/remove computer accounts right to a user for an ou, his/her
rights doesn't propagate to any of the sub-ous even if I explicitly said
so. I've checked by trying to join to the given ou or any subou of it
(via netdom).
I must confess I hadn't time to dig into this, neither to compare the
w2kx behavior. This is a production server/domain (I've
"classicupgraded" our Samba3 domain in the summer).

Cheers

Geza