Existing Samba4 Domain and OpenChange

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 29 17:52:43 MDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 16:23 -0700, Scott Jordahl wrote:
> I'm looking to add SOGo/OpenChange to an existing Samba4 domain
> environment and confused on how to configure it. I'm going to be testing
> OpenChange installed on it's own VM. The OpenChange documentation
> explains how to provision/configure Samba4 as a new domain, but no where
> does it discuss what to do when an existing Samba4 domain already
> exists. Do I treat the OpenChange samba4 server as a DC? And if so, do I
> add the OpenChange parameters to my main Samba4 domain server smb.conf
> file as well? Or, do I just create a completely separate domain on the
> OpenChange server for it to use locally? If so, I'll of course lose
> single sign-on capability. I'll ask this question of the OpenChange team
> also, but thought the answer may come from this group.

It would need to bolt on to the existing domain.  You really should work
out the remaining details with OpenChange, but my guess is that you
would follow the OpenChange instructions, including rebuilding Samba per
their rules, but would not run provision, instead ensure it builds into
the same path as your existing install.

http://tracker.openchange.org/projects/1/wiki/HowTo_Install_OpenChange_From_Source

http://tracker.openchange.org/projects/1/wiki/HowTo_Setup_OpenChange_Server#Add-a-Samba4-user

Some of the instructions in that wiki are confusing, make sure to use:

dcerpc endpoint services = +mapiproxy