/usr/local/samba/sbin/winbindd broken?

Rowland Penny repenny at f2s.com
Wed Aug 29 12:03:12 MDT 2012

On 29/08/12 18:46, steve wrote:
> On 29/08/12 18:07, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> On 29/08/12 16:13, steve wrote:
>>> On 29/08/12 16:51, Rowland Penny wrote:
>

>> Hi Steve, I will give it a try, but I thought this was just for the
>> samba4 builtin winbind, I am not using that, I am using the separate
>> /usr/local/samba/sbin/winbindd.
>>
>> Rowland
>>

> Hi Rowland
> Ah, I see. yes of course. I should read more carefully. You're not
> running the built in winbind in samba. If you're using winbindd then I
> believe that that is supposed to be the same as the winbind (that
> works predictably) with S3.
> Steve

Hi Steve, Hi All,

I thought that was what you thought ;-)

Yes, it works on S3, the **** thing does not work on S4.

I just wish one of the devs would explain why not.

If the plan is that S4 will replace S3 eventually, with the Samba daemon
for an AD dc and nmbd,smbd,winbindd for clients, then at the moment, the
client bit is not working.

Rowland

believed to be clean.