reloading samba4

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Wed Aug 29 00:28:55 MDT 2012

Am 29.08.2012 00:38, schrieb Ricky Nance:
 >> how can I reload all samba4 processes (samba, smbd,...), when I do
 >> configuration changes, without restarting?
 >>
> As far as I know this is not currently possible, 'killall samba&&  samba'
> normally works fine, but I understand why a config reload would be nice
> instead of severing all the current connections (this does interesting
> things when you have a profile redirect GPO :) ).

The "killall samba" was the last information I found, too. :-(

Is the restart really a problem? I mean, if I just have the DC on a machine
(during the first time we just will have one) without any shares (except
netlogon + sysvol), is it a problem, if the DC isn't available for 3-5 seconds
during restart?

Or doesn't this matter (except a user tries to login during this short time),
if all shares and printer services are located on s3 member servers, where
user information are cached by winbindd?

Regards,
Marc