Adding schema and entries to samba4

William Brown william.e.brown at adelaide.edu.au
Mon Aug 27 07:04:37 MDT 2012

On 08/27/2012 10:10 PM, Gémes Géza wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've fought with loading isc dhcp schema into Samba4. How did you
>>> overcome the name collision on dhcpClass and dhcpOption?

I didn't seem to have an issue - It would seem that in newer MS schemas
these are named dhcp-Class and dhcp-Option. Thus I had no issues loading
my schema besides the aforementioned need to split attributes and classes.

>> I thought it was fixed and you managed to load it on your s4 ?
>>
>> Matthieu.
>>
> I've stepped back on it as the modified schema doesn't load into W2K8R2
> because there dhcpClass and dhcpOption couldn't be renamed :-(
> Unfortunately I hadn't time to complete a proper fix, it would need to
> rename the conflicting attributes (and I've decided to rename all adding
> an "isc" prefix to them) and then patching the dhcp server code to deal
> with the modified attributes.

I have been working on the ldap code in ISC DHCP later, and would be
happy to help with this if you like.

Regardless, I'm not sure *why* I get the invalid child class message. Is
there some kind of known issue with custom schemas in samba4?

--
Sincerely,

William Brown

Research & Teaching, Technology Services
The University of Adelaide, AUSTRALIA 5005

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
IMPORTANT: This message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information. If you think it was sent to you by mistake, please delete all
copies and advise the sender. For the purposes of the SPAM Act 2003, this
email is authorised by The University of Adelaide.

pgp.mit.edu
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3C0AC6DAB2F928A2