Samba4 nmbd/smbd/winbindd

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at weaubleau.k12.mo.us
Mon Aug 27 01:00:42 MDT 2012

Forgot to hit reply all...

At this point a dev should probably step in and confirm this, but it is my
understanding that since you are using git and smbd/nmbd/winbindd, as long
as you symlink to /usr/local/samba (or where ever you PREFIX to) the link
will automatically update when git is updated (after make install). Its
very important to note that you should NEVER link to your git samba-master
files, as waf does some magic to make them work properly (again during make
install). You should also keep in mind that as samba 4 is using much of the
samba 3 code base, files can and often are shared. The other thing is TIAS
(try it and see) if it breaks something, simply remove the symlinks.

Ricky