Samba4 nmbd/smbd/winbindd

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Mon Aug 27 00:37:45 MDT 2012

Am 27.08.2012 08:29, schrieb Ricky Nance:
>>>  From many years samba3 practice i also used copy to place that
>>> dynlib into /lib/ - and failed badly some days ago.
>>>
>>> So one should use symbolic links - as already posted in this thread.
>>

>> This is a good advice. But this only meets s4 installations, right? For my
>> s3 installations here, the libnss_winbind.so is not copied by make install
>> somewhere where I can link to. It's only in the sources folder. Is this
>> right?
>>

> No this should work for all samba installs.

But for s3 installations the libnss_winbind.so stays in the sources folder
(what have different names for every version) here, and is not copied by make
install:

# find / -name libnss_winbind.so
/usr/src/samba-3.5.17/nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so
/usr/src/samba-3.5.16/nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so

Putting a link in /lib to a file in the source folder makes it useless when
updating to a new version.

Or do I missunderstand anything?

Regards,
MArc