Samba4 nmbd/smbd/winbindd

Rowland Penny repenny at f2s.com
Sun Aug 26 11:29:38 MDT 2012

On 26/08/12 18:04, steve wrote:
> On 26/08/12 18:36, Rowland Penny wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Rowland
>>> I'm sure you have, but just to be safe, winbind for both passwd and
>>> group in nsswitch.conf with nscd turned off.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Steve
>>>

>> Hi Steve, yes, yes and I do not have nscd installed.
>>
>> Rowland
>>
> Hi
> The only other thing that comes to mind is the version of winbind that
> is running. Is it the one from /samba/sbin/winbindd?
> HTH
> Steve

Hi steve, again yes. I first downloaded and compiled Samba 4 on a Centos
6.1 box that wasn't doing anything much after I turned off the
dhcpd-server after getting this to work on my AD server. This attempt
failed because, as Andrew Bartlett pointed out, I did not have
ldap-devel installed. Please note I installed everything advised on the
Samba 4 requirements page, I have now installed openldap.devel and
recompiled etc.
Now, the only Samba daemons running are the ones from
/usr/local/samba/sbin, the only problem I seem to have now is that I do
not have an getent command, do I have something else required before
compiling missing? if so what?
I may just blow Centos away and install Ubuntu 12.04 and try again, but
I am loath to do this, without first trying to get my original install
working first.

Rowland

believed to be clean.