Releasing Samba 4.0 RC1 on 4 Sep 2012?

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Thu Aug 23 15:53:08 MDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:43 AM, Michael Adam <obnox at samba.org> wrote:
> Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> > I agree this is a key feature, as durable handles are a major part of
>> > what is really special in SMB3.
>> >
>> > Is there anything I can do to assist with this?
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > I'm happy with Sep 7 or Sep 10 (at the latest) if Karolin is happy with
>> > me doing the RC1.  (That close to SDC, I would prefer to just handle it
>> > with existing processes and scripts personally than also co-ordinate it
>> > with someone else).
>>
>> Let's see where we are next week.
>
> Yeah, let's aim for Sep 7 (with a fallback to 10). This gives us
> a couple of additional days, and I am positive we can sort it out.
> As I wrote in the other thread, I think it should be ok to do the
> RC1 as you did the betas, Andrew - the important thing is the
> change in mode once the RC1 has been cut.
I agree.

I'm going to work on the doc issues to minimize effect of older
environments though it might take more time than we have for RC1.

I also need to finish private libraries ABI patches that are cooking
in https://git.samba.org/?p=ab/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/stableabi,
more on which on Monday.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy