Releasing Samba 4.0 RC1 on 4 Sep 2012?

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Thu Aug 23 15:43:01 MDT 2012

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> > I agree this is a key feature, as durable handles are a major part of
> > what is really special in SMB3.
> >
> > Is there anything I can do to assist with this?
> > [...]
> >
> >> Maybe we should aim for September 7th? Which would mean 3 additional
> >> days for me.
> >> But still I can't promise that it's ready by then.
> >
> > I'm happy with Sep 7 or Sep 10 (at the latest) if Karolin is happy with
> > me doing the RC1.  (That close to SDC, I would prefer to just handle it
> > with existing processes and scripts personally than also co-ordinate it
> > with someone else).
>
> Let's see where we are next week.

Yeah, let's aim for Sep 7 (with a fallback to 10). This gives us
a couple of additional days, and I am positive we can sort it out.
As I wrote in the other thread, I think it should be ok to do the
RC1 as you did the betas, Andrew - the important thing is the
change in mode once the RC1 has been cut.

Cheers - Michael