Confused about samba4 & s3fs

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Mon Aug 20 04:06:54 MDT 2012

Am 20.08.2012 11:52, schrieb steve:
> The problem is that on S4/s3fs, winbind expects _all_ home directories to be
> in /home/DOMAIN/user format. It cannot pull the actual home directory from AD
> as can S3 winbind.

I don't have winbind running on my s4 DC. Winbind doesn't start automatically
on my s4 test environment, so I thougth that somebody of the developers had
reasons for that (only smbd is started by samba). :-) And on my s3 PDC live
environment I also don't run winbind. So I get my user information from nslcd
which connects to the s4 LDAP server.

Regards,
Marc