Is it possible to fork multiple child Winbindd processes and setup multiple connections to the primary DC?

Hou, Kevin khou at websense.com
Tue Aug 14 20:27:58 MDT 2012

Hi Andrew,

As far as I know, the child Winbindd process is forked per domain and only one connection to that primary DC is setup. All requests to DC go through this connection sequentially.
Is it possible to fork multiple child Winbindd processes and setup multiple connections to the primary DC? If yes, we can keep those connections, and requests can go to DC concurrently, which may enhance Winbindd performance.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and give some suggestion on how to enhance the Winbindd performance for high through output authentication validation.

Thanks & Regards,
Kevin Hou

 Protected by Websense Hosted Email Security -- www.websense.com