samba4(git) user log on to workstation not work

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Mon Aug 13 12:58:10 MDT 2012

Hi Andrew, Mohammad,

I have determined the cause of the issue. It is a bug in the function
"get_netbios_name()" in source4/kdc/wdc-samba4.c.

Another patch fixes the socket binding code of the internal DNS server
in respect to the wildcard interfaces. In other words all s4 services
get bound to "0.0.0.0" if not explicitly specified in smb.conf except to
the DNS server which seems to pick the first available address. This
does not seem sound to me.

All patches can be found in my "master" branch.

Thanks,
Matthias