Unit tests for auth modules (was Re: the unused auth_samba4 check_ntlm_security)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 7 23:36:59 MDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-13 at 19:19 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Thinking about this some more, there is one interesting use case for the
> auth_samba4 check_ntlm_security code, that is in the reasonably
> foreseeable future.
>
> Following the user feedback on Samba4 deployments, it is quite clear
> that we will need to use the 's3' winbindd, with the full range of
> features and configuration options it supports.  This will require a
> deal of work in many areas, but one area that touches this is the auth
> interface.

> Now, this is down the track, and only one possible design, but I figured
> I should mention it.  If we do remove it, it won't be difficult to
> re-introduce this code with tests and in the desired form when needed.

I've written some tests (additions to pdbtest) to cover this case, and
ensure this code is tested.  It is in autobuild now.

This probably should be extended, but for now it at least ensures that
this interface is covered by our automated tests and provides a basis
for testing possible alternative designs.