Samba4 winbind: use rfc2307 not working with winbind [SOLVED]

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Aug 6 12:29:28 MDT 2012

On 08/06/2012 01:42 PM, Gémes Géza wrote:
>> Hi
>> Here is my smb.conf:
>> [global]
>>         workgroup = ALTEA
>>         realm = hh3.site
>>         netbios name = HH30
>>         server role = active directory domain controller
>>         passdb backend = samba4
>>         idmap_ldb : use rfc2307 = Yes

It was the syntax.
The syntax needs to be very tight:
Compare:
idmap_ldb : use rfc2307 = Yes
with:
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307=Yes

The latter works. I thought that white space was ignored in smb.conf. . .
OK so that's the DC. Now onto a S3 client.

Whilst I'm here, when I've joined the client, can I then fire up smbd an
use it as a file-server too?

Cheers and thanks to all for their patience
Steve