NTP on Samba4

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at etinternational.com
Fri Aug 3 14:31:18 MDT 2012

All

I followed the S4 Howto for getting ntp to work with Samba but I'm
running into some problems.

I specified the socket as the wiki suggested:
ntpsigndsocket /usr/local/samba/var/run/ntp_signd/
restrict default mssntp

But when I start ntp, I see this in the /var/log/messages:
Aug  3 16:27:12 samba01 ntpd[11997]: MS-SNTP signd operations currently
block ntpd degrading service to all clients.

I notice that the current socket file in
/usr/local/samba/var/run/ntp_signd is owned by root:root and I tried
changing to ntp:ntp (as ntp runs on CentOS), but that didn't seem to
help either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian