Explaining s3fs and how a Samba 4.0 DC will operate

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Apr 26 16:45:55 MDT 2012

I've written up a wiki page, as conversations with some of my fellow
team members made me realise that I have not explained quite how s3fs
(using smbd to serve files in a Samba 4.0 AD DC) works.

It has evolved a long way from the 'too much linker magic' s3compat
proposal, but while I've worked on it a lot, I've not really explained
the overall architecture before.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/s3fs

Please feel free to contribute or comment, and I hope this helps.