Problem with SYSVOL share

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Wed Apr 25 11:47:58 MDT 2012

On 04/25/2012 09:50 AM, Andreas Oster wrote:

> Am 25.04.2012 17:40, schrieb Matthieu Patou:
>
>> On 04/25/2012 02:12
> AM, Andreas Oster wrote:
>>> Am 25.04.2012 10:57, schrieb Matthieu
> Patou:
> msdfs = yes" the Windows 2008 member server no can successfully access
> the SYSVOL and NETLOGON shares. Has there been a change in the samba4
> behavior lately ? I am sure that it worked in the past without this
> additional entry in smb.conf.
> the default, the we changed it for yes, now that we have merge between
> s3 and s4 it might have defaulted to no one more time. With windows 2008
> host msdfs make a huge difference.
>>> Hello Matthieu, I have now tried
> to access the netlogon share directly from the samba4 DC with both
> smbclient3 and smbclient, which both show the same symptom as the
> Windows machine. When accessing the share via //domainname/netlogon the
> connection can not be established. When using //dcname/netlogon it is
> working with both smbclient tools.
>> So please send us a tcpdump
> trace when accessing from windows
>> //domainname/netlogon
>>

> Matthieu.
>
> Hello Matthieu,
>
> please find attached a capture file of a
> failed connection attempt to
> \NOVAnetlogon [2]
Ok for some reason your windows 2008R2 stops the resolution of DFS after
getting the domain.
Can you try this patch :
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=mat/samba-autobuild/.git;a=commit;h=fd55b5a700e66f1470a898fcb1704f3c283054d1

Also I'm not sure that smbclient(3) is DFS aware so I'm won't be
surprised that //domain/sysvol or //domain/netlogon is not working.

Matthieu

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team